Putting Public Health Evidence in Action Training Workshop
The CPCRN has created an interactive training curriculum to support community program planners and health educators in developing skills in using evidence-based approaches and learning about new tools for planning and evaluating community health interventions. This page includes resources for planning and delivering a “Putting Public Health Evidence in Action” training workshop with a Facilitator’s Guide and support materials.
Click here to download all of the files associated with this training workshop in one click, or you may download and view individual files below.
Putting Public Health Evidence in Action Training Files
- Introduction (ppt)
- Session 2: Community Assessment
- Worksheet (doc)
- Session 3: Finding Evidence-Based Interventions
- EBI Resources (doc)
- Session 4: Selecting Evidence-based Interventions with the Best Fit
- EBI Comparison Tool (doc)
- Session 5: Adapting an Evidence-based Intervention to Fit Your Community
- Adaptation Guidance Tool (doc)
- Session 6: Implementing Evidence-based Interventions
- Session 7: Planning for Evaluation
- Session 8: Creating a Communication Plan
- Communication Plan BLANK (doc)
- Optional Session: Logic Models
You may download all of the files associated with this training workshop in one click here, or click on the individual files above. If you download all of the files at once, find the file PPHEA-zipped.zip in your downloads folder and open it. It should extract all of the files to your hard drive.
Introduction to Evaluation Module 1. This 15-minute module is the first in a two-part series designed to introduce the basic steps of program evaluation to public health professionals. The modules provides an overview of engaging stakeholders, describing the program, and focusing the evaluation design.http://nciph.sph.unc.edu/tws/HEP_EVAL1/certificate.php
Introduction to Evaluation Module 2. This 25-minute module is the second in a two-part series designed to introduce the basic steps of program evaluation to public health professionals. The module provides an overview of gathering credible evidence, justifying conclusions, and ensuring use and sharing lessons learned. http://nciph.sph.unc.edu/tws/HEP_EVAL2/certificate.php